Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Window!!!

Everyday I sit at  the same spot where all my favorite things are within my reach. I chose a spot just next to The Window. Thats my view to the outside world. A different scene is waiting for me everyday. Just like a movie which is endless. I see beautiful meadows from one corner to the next, meeting the sky just like sea. There is a stable where kids come for horse riding. Sometimes the view is so splendid, I can even see how the Sun plays with the clouds, a game of light and shadow. During storm, the dark clouds spread their beauty and clouds thunder as if to warn us of its arrival. There is a gulch where there a small pond, home to some migrating birds. Some neighboring kids, mostly the curious ones,  hover around it. There is only one tree which is dry, a witness to so many years. If only it could speak, we would know all the stories of its existence. Snowy days are so refreshing. The landscape completely changes into white. I find footprints on the dry snow of some animals like Coyote's and Bunnies. You can hear Coyotes howling at night when they go hunting for food in the same meadow.Sunset is so beautiful, Sky gradually becomes orange to pink and purple to dark blue.
       Lately there has been a lot of constructions. They built a road which has gone quite busy with the traffic. There are some yellow trucks smoothening the land making it ready to build houses too. The once plain land is now housing so many people and would continue to do so. Do we ever have the feeling of gratitude for what God has given us?
            

No comments: